T-wash, Galv prep, Mordant Solution 1000ml
Twash To prepare new galvanised finish for painting.
T-wash, Galv prep, Mordant Solution for preparing Galvanised steel for painting.
- High quality acid formula “etches” the Coating prior to painting.
- Allows most paints to be used direct to a new galvanised chassis such as CIO Chassis In One
- Simplifies Galv Prep using an acid based Mordant Solution
How to T-Wash a galvanised Chassis / Galv Prep
- Clean the chassis with FxDegreaser, and rinse with fresh, clean water after, allowing to dry.
- Apply T-wash with a brush, and allow it to work for 5>10 minutes.
- The Galvanised chassis will turn a very dark grey / black once the process is complete.
- Wash the chassis clean thoroughly with fresh clean water, and again- allow to dry thoroughly.
- If any areas do not turn very dark grey / Black then repeat the process above to re treat the galvanised steel.
- You are now ready to paint your chassis in Rust Encapsulator or DTM, or almost any metal paint buzzweld sell.
Please see GIO Galve In One for a paint that doesn’t need this process.
Whats the difference between T-wash, Galv prep & Mordant Solution?
The products are different names for the same thing. Its an acidic etching solution to allow paint to adhere to galvanised steel.
How do I T-wash my galvanised chassis?
there are a few steps to t-wash a galvanised chassis. T-wash acid needs a clean chassis to work. Step 1 is to degrease the chassis. We recommend FxDegreaser for this. apply the degreaser, work in with a brush and wash off. Allow the chassis to dry. Step 2 is to apply the t-wash by brush, allow it to sit for 5>10 minutes until the chassis turns black. Once it has turned black, wash it off with clean water and allow to dry. At this point you can paint the chassis with a good quality primer like Rust Encapsulator Primer, or a Direct to metal paint like Buzzweld DTM
How do I clean my brushes after I have applied t-wash
To clean brushes from use after T-washing rinse them in clean water and leave to dry
What is T-wash
T-wash is a pre treatment for galvanised steel. often referred to as an etching wash, T-wash prepares the surface for painting with products suitable for normal steel priming such as high quality primers, and etches.
What happens if I use normal paint on Galvanised steel?
Standard paint will not adhere to galvanised steel and will flake off. You need to use a specialist coating such as GIO Galv in One, or use a T-wash followed by a high quality primer.
What colour is T-wash?
T-wash is blue. When it is applied to a galvanised chassis the chassis will turn from silver, to dark silver and then black. If it doesn't turn very dark grey / black, then repeat the process and/ or try additional degreasing.